Day 1 (usu. Friday) Pre-diet day: Eliminate all stimulants (tea, coffee…) and all depressants (alcohol…). Avoid carbohydrates (pasta, bread, cereals) and make your last meal of the day a large raw veg and fruit salad.
Also start your home-grown sprouts (mehti, chick peas, lentils, millet, mustard) and mung beans can be bought.
Days 2 & 3: (Sat and Sun) Fruit fasting (one type of fruit each day or two with a minimum of 2 hr interval when you switch).
Choose from: apples, pears, grapes, papaya, mango, watermelon and eat as much as you want and as soon as you feel hungry. No need to have usual mealtimes. Fruit may also be juiced or spiced up with cinnamon, ginger, allspice or nutmeg.
Days 4 to 8 (Mon to Fri) Replenish.
Raw veg and fruit on menu as well as some steamed or stir-fried. Breakfast is fruit. One meal raw and one meal cooked.
Days 9 & 10 (Sat & Sun) Reorient
Fruit breakfast still. More cooked food and reintroduce meat. Focus is still fresh raw food but one meal is cooked.
5:30 Wake up. 5-10 minutes deep breathing in bed
5:45-6:10 3 glasses of water. Skin-brushing and shower
12:00-12:15 Relaxation response
3:15-4:15 Exercise for 40 minutes then shower
4:30 Prepare dinner at Pa’s
6:00-7:15 Dinner and clean up
7:30 Free evenings
Days 4-8 Menu: (Lunch and dinner may be interchanged)
Breakfast: Fruit. Straight or shake or smoothie or a salad (except bananas)
1. 2 oranges, 1 passionfruit
2. 2 kiwifruit, 300g green seedless grapes
3. 2 oranges, 1 red apple, 1 pear, a little honey. Peel oranges, juice fruits and add honey
Lunch: Raw veg with sprouts and a dressing and fresh herbs (basil)
1. Carrots, cucumber and red pepper topped with mehti sprouts
2. watercress, yellow pepper and tomatoes with lentil sprouts
3. beetroot, cabbage, mung sprouts and green pepper with chickpea sprouts
Dinner: Cooked veg with a little olive oil and soy sauce
1. Stir-fry beans, courgette and tom pouce with a few almonds and spring onions
2. Steam chou chou and serve with avocado dressing
3. Stir-fry cabbage and cashew nuts and some greens
Juices during the day:
1. Carrot and apple
2. 2 handful grapes, papaya, juice of ½ lemon
3. 2 oranges, 1 red apple, 1 pear, 1 tsp honey
4. 3 red apples, 1 mango, 2 passion fruit
5. 1 v. ripe banana, 250ml soya milk, 20g ground almonds, pinch of cinnamon, a little honey
Basic French dressing:
Veg bouillon powder and pepper
1 small clove garlic
Add a combination of basil, thyme and mint to above
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp curry powder
2 tsp veg bouillon powder
1 small clove garlic
Blend all ingredients until smooth